Saturday, June 26, 2010

VC Rocks! June Blog Hop

Hi, and Welcome to our June VC Rocks! Blog Hop. This post will remain at the top
all weekend.

I am so excited to be part of this hop, and of VC Rocks!. A Virtual Convention and celebration of Stampin' Up! This is
an awesome group! We have swaps, games, challenges, classes, a virtual hotel with real roomies, we form awesome friendships and most of all we have FUN!

You have most likely hopped here from Tammy's awesome blog.
I hope you are enjoy all the wonderful artwork as you hop along, we have
some awesome stampers in this group.

If you should get lost along the way or are coming here just because you love me, you can go
to the VC Rocks! blog to find a list of all participants and their links.

For our June VC Blog Hop, we are featuring Last Chance/Retiring; Summer Mini; or Sneak Peek sets/colors.

My project for today is a sneak peek set called Artistic Etchings, plus some new DSP called Newsprint. You will be able to purchase these items July 1st. They will be in the brand new Stampin' Up! 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog.Summer Mini and 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog. To get your copy, contact me today.

Feast your eyes:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I really love this card and the vintage feel it has. This new DSP is awesome and I
can see lots of uses for this pack of awesome papers. There is also a music sheet design! The little vintage tag finishes it off.

Here are your supplies and instructions:

Artistic Etchings Stamp Set
Newsprint Designer Series Paper
Versamark Ink Pad
Black Embossing Powder
Vintage Tiny Tags
Stampin' Dimensionals
1-3/4 Circle Punch
1/2 Circle Punch
1/16 Handheld Circle Punch

Cardstock:

Basic Black
1 pc 5-1/4 x 8-1/2 scored and folded for card base
Ruby Red
1 pc 4-1/8 x 5-3/8
1 pc 2-5/8 x 3-1/8
1 pc 2 x 2
1 pc scrap to layer "AMOUR"
Very Vanilla
1 pc 2-1/2 x 3
1 pc 3 x 5
Newsprint Designer Series Paper
1 pc 4 x 5-1/4 I used a piece that said Paris on it.
1 pc scrap with number on it.

Note: All imgages stamped with Versamark Ink Pad and embossed with Black Embossing
Powder.

1. Stamp Eiffel Tower image onto 2-1/2 x 3 Very Vanilla, emboss and layer onto Ruby
Red piece 2-5/8 x 3-1/8. Set aside.
2. Stamp medallion stamp onto 3 x 5, emboss and punch out with 1-3/4 circle punch.
3. Adhere this circle onto 2 x 2 Ruby Red piece and trim around it leaving a small
Ruby Red rim around Very Vanilla Medallion. Set aside.
4. Stamp Key and crown onto the rest of 3 x 5 Very Vanilla piece, emboss and
cut out all pieces. Set aside.
5. Stamp AMOUR onto scrap of Very Vanilla, emboss and cut out. Layer onto scrap of
Ruby Red and trim leaving a very small edge on all four sides.
6. Using your scrap piece of Newsprint DSP, find a number image and punch it out
with your 1/2 Circle Punch. Adhere this to Vintage Tag.
7 Using 1/16 Hand held punch, punch a hole in the key top and put your tag string
through it, tie off.
8. Assemble card. Largest Ruby Red piece layers onto Basic Black card base, Large
piece of Newsprint DSP onto Ruby Red. Eiffel Tower layer onto Newsprint at an
angle, medallion onto right side, crown under, and AMOUR onto left side with key
popped up on dimensionals over AMOUR and string behind. Tag is hanging down to
left bottom corner of Eiffel Tower piece and secured with dimensionals.

There you have it! I am really enjoying these blog hops, there is so much talent in
this group of ladies. I hope you are enjoying it, too.

Now, on to the next stop in our Hop.

Fancy Nancy K's fantastic blog.

I believe there may be a broken link on Nancy's post, if so you can hop to the next stop after Nancy by clicking here

Have a great time hopping and thanks for stopping by.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Carolyn, what a beautiful card!!! I am so going to have to make one next week, as Mr. Brown should be coming to bring me this set lololol. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh... Ahhhhhh... Wowwwww... Great job as always Ms Queen of Make and Takes.... Congratulations on earning your Blog Hopper Badge! Hugs, Loni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card! I love the collage type layout of the card and that DSP is really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that stamp set and paper - Awesome job Dano!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Carolyn! I think I need that paper, too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh to be vacationing in paris...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this set and DSP. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carolyn, I had mixed feelings about this set when I first saw it, but I am lovin' all the cards I am seeing ... and once again, I need to change my mind. Thanx for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see right now that there is going to be alot of cards made out of this stamp set, and why not it is awesome and your card is so Vintage Chic!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely collage card, Carolyn--and a fun dangling tag, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card. I am going to have to get this stamp set and paper. I just can't stand that I have to wait till July!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute (as always). I have this stamp set and will CASE this card if it is OK. Thanks for the great directions.

    Carey Rogers
    aka Roscoe's mommy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have enjoyed your site every since becoming a VC Rocker. I wish Florida was closer so you could join us for lunch on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK Carolyn, you did it again. Beautiful card, absolutely love it. You guys are gonna make me get this stamp set yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that DSP is very nice. I can't wait to see more come July. I am sure you will come up with so many cute ideas I will have a long "I NEED that list"

    ReplyDelete