Saturday, September 19, 2009

Cracked Cardinal

Today's card is an answer to a challenge to use the cracked glass technique, from Tamarra at http://www.tamarrastamps.typepad.com/. I cheated in that I used a journaling block left over
from a swap at Hot Swappin' Mamas, (another fantastic yahoo group). I just cut it down, added the back layer and the brads. I do love the cracked glass technique. If you don't know how to achieve this look, Tamarra has a short tutorial on her blog right now. Oh, and it's also........Another bird! Told you I love them, lol. Thanks for looking today, hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Stamps used: A Cardinal Christmas, Graceful Words

Card uses Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red and Cool Caribbean (retired) cardstocks, Real Red, Basic Black, and Old Olive Inks, Red Gingham Ribbon, and Glassy Glaze.

3 comments:

  1. Carylon,
    Great job! I love the card. It would make a great christmas card because it looks like a frosted window with the bird behind it.
    Thanks for playing along!
    Tamarra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job on the cracked glass Carolyn. Glad to see it. I know you are enjoying your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cool!! I like that little red bird!

    ReplyDelete