Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Elements of Style NotePad Holder

Today I would like to share a gift I made for a friend. It is along the same lines as the card I
posted a day or so ago, except that I stepped it up a little for this notepad.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

After stamping the Pretty in Pink cardstock with the flourish from this Elements of Style set,I inked up my stamps, first in Chocolate Chip ink, then in Versamark and then Embossed them
with Irridescent Ice. I then watercolored with Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery Inks. I then
distressed the edge of the Very Vanilla Piece and sponged some ink around the outside.

I did the same thing with the hummingbird, once on Certainly Celery and again on Very Vanilla
mounted one atop the other with dimensionals to give him some dimension, then put him on the Very Vanilla piece that had been layered on a embossed (Square Lattice....again) piece of Chocolate Chip.

Down at the bottom, I used the new set Rough Alphabet and stamped the word notes out and
then punched them with a 1/2"circle punch and layered them on a 3/4" circle punched from
Chocolate Chip. I layered a piece of Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon on a piece of Chocolate Chip
Satin Ribbon and added a Chocolate Chip Courduroy Brad. Added the punched pieces on top and there you have it.

I hope you like it, and I really hope she does. Kelly, here is the watercoloring you were dying
to do to that last card. Better now? LOL.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU THANK YOU!! It looks fab-U-lous!!
    Cant wait to see what we have for Saturday!! do I need to bring my watercolors??? :-)

    ReplyDelete