Thursday, April 29, 2010

Another Challenge Card

During VC Rocks! , there is always a challenge going on. Right now, they are all being put forth
by our fearless leader, Kimm, but soon, all of the leadership team will get the chance to challenge
us. I enjoy the challenges because they force me to use things and/or colors I never would have used. After all, a card REALLY needs to have Chocolate Chip on it, doesn't it? Or a Bird or something with wings?
Anyway, Challenge 8 was to make a background using what ever technique you wanted but you had to use your Markers, Pencils, Chalks or Crayons. I used my Stampin' Up! markers. I scribbled on the back of one of my new stamp cases with Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie, then spritzed it with water and laid my Whisper White Card stock onto it. Easy Peasy.
Along comes Challenge 9.
Take the background technique piece you made yesterday. Look at the colors. What is the main color? Choose an analogous color (color opposite) to the main color of your background piece. Use both pieces to create a card or scrapbook page element. No browns or neutrals.

Geez! So here is my card. Definitely NOT my style, but it's kinda growing on me:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What do you think? A little odd, but it wasn't easy to use that Brilliant Blue with that Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry. I used the new set Sentimental Journey again. You will be able to
purchase this set on May 1st. I love the images in this set, and it kinda reminds me of the 70's.
I think my first car looked a little like this one, lol.

Ok, sorry for the novel today, if you would like to play along with the challenges, join us at VC Rocks! this summer. You will be glad you did.

Thanks for stopping by. See you again soon. Comments are appreciated.






1 comment:

  1. I really like it! I think the colors are awesome together!

    ReplyDelete