Saturday, December 4, 2010

File Folder Notebook

Hello again, Well, I should be in Kentucky when this posts, so hopefully I won't be freezing to death, lol. You know this Florida girl will have a hard time staying warm up there in the mountains. I'm not even sure I own enough clothes to keep me warm enough. Oh well, gonna make the best of it and have an awesome time doing it.

Today's post is an altered file folder. And for once, this one isn't made from a Stampin' Up! file folder. I found this one at a store, and it was just perfect for the lady who will receive it. I wasn't sure she would like the cutesy ones I have made with the Play Date folders, even though they are absolutely adorable. I did use retired Groovy Guava card stock in the matching pen, Chocolate Chip card stock on the front under the Vanilla 5/8 satin ribbon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Isn't it pretty? Wait till you see the inside:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And the best part, to me, is the bookmark I made. Lookie:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I know it's a little blurry, but I just couldn't get a good picture. Can you tell what I used to make
it? It is the Stampin' Up! Bird Punch. Yes, the wing is both the petals on the flower and the leaves. This came out so much better than I expected it to. I sponged the edges of the flower with retired Groovy Guava ink, then used my Aqua Painter and some Crumb Cake ink to add some realistic lines on the flower petals. I also folded and veined the leaves and sponged them with always artichoke ink. Then spritzed the whole thing with my Champagne Shimmer Paint mist. I liked it so much, I made one for me, lol.

Anyway, thanks again for stopping in. Hope you enjoyed today's project.

No comments:

Post a Comment