Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Monkeying Around

Hi All, Sorry so late with this post, but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

As a member of VC Rocks! ( Check out our blog here and join us now by clicking on the icon in the
right sidebar.) We are a celebration of Stampin' Up!  A virtual convention.  We have games, challenges,
swaps galore, a virtual hotel, classes, and the most wonderful and funny group of ladies you will ever meet, virtually or not.

Now, that being said, we also have a problem.  We have a monkey problem.  Every year these monkeys,
of the blue butted variety are somehow turned loose in our virtual hotel and wreak all kinds of havoc.  They
crash our pool parties, they mess with our swaps, there is nothing they don't mess with.  They are cute and funny, but they always leave behind a mess.

I just happened to get a glimpse of one the other day and decided to make a look alike out of punches.

Here is our VC Rocks! Monkey 2012:


So, you'll notice that this guy is caged.  I have been sending them out to a few of our wonderful
Rockers and had to cage them to get the post office to take them, lol.  When uncaged, if you dare,
he can actually act as a bookmark, if you can get him to be still long enough.

And just to prove that he is of the blue-butted variety, I have a photo of him from the back, with another
monkey looking on. TeeHee.  Really this was a photo I took while working on these last weekend at Panera, my favorite place in the world to just sit, read, drink coffee, have a soup or salad, chat, or just
do a little crafting.  This was actually my prototype so he's not quite as finished on the back as the ones
I'm sending out.



I did quite a bit of research for this little guy, lots of blogs, the head came to me from here. Stasia had bought a gift bag at a retail store and decided to copy the monkey head on it.  Then I saw it at the "M" craft store and decided he was definitely the "VC" type.  The arms and legs were a mish mash of other monkey parts I saw on the web by googling punch art  monkeys, Stampin' Up!.

Well, enough for today, gotta go play in the stamp room a bit more today  Maybe finish up a few more of
these guys.  Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to check out VC Rocks!  We are open for new members throughout the month of May.  Hugs,


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT. They along with frogs are my fave animal....So LOVE the bookmark. Hint, Hint!

    ReplyDelete