Friday, May 18, 2012

Have A Heart, VC Rocks Blog Hop #1 2012

Hi Everyone, and welcome to the first VC Rocks! Blog Hop for 2012. If you don't know what VC Rocks! is, where have you been, under a rock?  lol.  I know I talk about it alot this time of year, and today is no different. VC is a virtual convention.  It is a celebration of Stampin' Up!  We make loads of new friends, have lots of
fun, we have swaps, games, challenges, classes, a virtual hotel, and we just laugh, A LOT.  I have so many wonderful friends from my time at VC.  Click here for our blog, to find out more, or start at the beginning of the hop.


So,  If you started at the beginning, you may have come here from Marisol's blog, A Touch of Sol, Marisol is so talented.  I just love her blog.


Our theme for this year, and this hop is Have a Heart.  Our project must have at least one heart on it.
Not being one to overdo a theme, lol,  here is my card.




One of my daughter's friends is getting married this year and asked for some sample cards that
are wedding themed, so this is my first one for her.  I think it turned out pretty good, but sure hope
she doesn't end up wanting 100 of them cuz holey moley, all those little hearts and pearls were a pain
to put on, lol.   I hope you can see the shimmer, I really put my shimmer mist to work on this card.  Could have just used Shimmery White Card Stock, but didn't think about it until it was almost done.


This is a single layer card.  I used Whisper White card stock, my Simply Scored, with the Diagonal
Plate for the embossing.  Then added hearts punched from the heart punch from the Punch Trio, and the smaller one from the Owl Punch popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals, and lastly I used Stampin' Up's adhesive Pearls to finish it off.  Wasn't sure what kind of card this will be, so didn't use a sentiment, instead used lots of Shimmer spray made with our White Shimmer Paint.


Well, hope you enjoyed my card.  Your next stop on the hop will be Terri's blog, My Stamp Vault.  Terri is another awesome stamper, so I'm sure she will have something wonderful to share with you.


Thanks for hopping with us today!  Our Rockers are very talented, as I'm sure you have seen already, there are, I believe, 30 stops on this months hop.  Better get hopping!  Have fun!

19 comments:

  1. Carolyn this card is fantastic. I love all the scoring you have done and the white on white look. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG how great is this! Great job with all the scoring. Thanks for sharing your "heart work"

      Delete
  2. This is just stunning but you are so right you better hope she don't pick this one! Funny. I did my nieces wedding invites and after I was done I needed to make a reminder to NEVER add that many details to a card that needs to be made over 100 times. It is beautiful though. Love the scoring and double hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card! Perfect for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! You've added so many extra (time-consuming) touches that put this card over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautifully elegant!! You always do such good work! I am still loving my monkey:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one STUNNING card Carolyn! It is a CASE for sure. This would be what I would choose for an invite Elegant and very Classy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I would have never though to do a card all in one color with a lil' bling - it's beautiful! Definitely makes me think wedding - going to have to add this one to my collection ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carolyn,
    That card is beyond gorgeous! I absolutely love it! And I hope she doesn't order 100 of them either because your eyes may cross and never go back! So many lines, so many pearls and hearts oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Carolyn, lots of work went into this card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your hearts and pearls. Very Vintage, yes the shimmer spray adds just enough. You can tell all the hard work and detail you put in it. You Rock Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card! Lots of detail and those little hearts are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way too cute. I would hope she doesn't want these. My hand would be a mess after punching all these little hearts.



    Carey Rogers
    aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa...this is stunning! You did a wonderful job on this...all of the little touches are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful Carolyn! I love it. It would also look great with a different color hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW - that's a beautiful card!!!! Classy, sophisticated and fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card. It looks very labor intensive but worth it ( though maybe not for 100).

    ReplyDelete