Sunday, June 10, 2012

Wedding Dress

Hi.  Happy Sunday.  Just a quick post for you today.  Was checking out a blog that I just love, named Understand Blue by a very talented and funny demonstrator named Lydia F.  She was a guest at a wedding shop, and did some videos of some wedding type favors, etc.  One of them was a little gift box, inside a
gorgeous wedding dress.  I have been working on some things for my daughters friend, to give her some ideas
for her wedding, and thought this would be awesome.

So I set out to find the die, I know it isn't Stampin' Up! Well, I found it, but not only does it use my trusty Big Shot"s Big Brother, but the dies will not fit my Big Shot.  What to do?  Figure out a way to make it myself.
 I first cut a large oval from my retired Oval Frame Die and used it as a template for the bottom of the dress, then hand drew the rest of the dress, punching out the neck with the Wide Oval Punch.  It still needs some tweaking, especially on the flat bottom,  and a box on the inside to hold the gift, not sure yet which one will fit, but here it is.


I think it turned out ok.  Like I said, still needs some tweaking, but it's cute, and  made out of only 1/2 of a sheet of Shimmery White card stock.  I embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder, and tie a bow with some retired 5/8 Satin in White, then used our Pearls around the neck. I'm thinking, if I make another one, I will use smaller ribbon, maybe 3/8" and leave longer tails on it.

Thanks for looking today.  Enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment